Future Accountants

Future Accountants

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

My closest friend studying abroad


How would you feel if your closest friend left you here in Mauritius and went studying in Australia? For those who did have one person close enough with him/her who went abroad either for emigrating or studying will surely understand me. On hearing what Francois told me last year, I did not really pay attention as I have told myself that there was a long time before he leaves. In fact we have known each other since I was 10 but thanks to the scout, we became friends, unfortunately only at the age of 16.

Now that he is studying in Australia, I feel a bit lonely and mostly sad as he was always there to cheer me up when I was down, helping me for any petty thing; he was the one that was always there to party with me, as foolish and straight forward as me and the most important thing above all is that he understands me. Indeed we did think alike!

The time lag (6 hours) makes it difficult for us to communicate. But I optimistically believe that we can keep in touch. How? It is simply by the internet. I believe that without the internet, many people would not be able to communicate as much as today. Who has never heard of Facebook? A social network, easy to use and accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all around the world. Moreover Skype, msn and email are the other three sources that help us to keep in touch. As i plan to visit him, hopefully next year , I will have to grab the opportunity to get a part time job because the airline ticket costs about RS25 000 and therefore cannot rely on my parents to pay for it.

People always leave, but still life goes on! And if someday I can afford to travel to Australia I will surely gain experience not only because I will travel for the first time but I will know what it is to work and having his/her own money to satisfy ourselves. Sydney is the place where he lives so I am going to visit him and the capital of Australia itself. Now if our friendship is strong enough, then facebook and skype will keep it alive. But something is for sure,I am going to miss him!


4 comments:

  1. Well, your post has really touched me. I can understand how one feels when his/her fried goes abroad to pursue further studies. I felt lonely too but this is how it is. One must learn to adapt in different situations. I truly hope that you meet your friend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. francois your best frinedJune 5, 2010 at 6:52 AM

    that touched the whole of my heart!
    deep inside, im lost...
    miss you so much cindy :'(
    you are the only and only person ive cried for when i left, and still crying..
    you make my life what it is, life would be mean less without this feeling in my heart!!
    my heart beat for my friends, especially you dear !
    truly madly miss you!
    foolish, stupid, in love, heartbroken as we were, we were always like a tripod..suporting each other..the 3rd foot is the love that we have to each other..
    stay as you are, stop time..im coming back soon!!
    if you cant come to me, then ill come to you dear!
    a big big hug waits..you are always in front of me on my desk..
    my lovely friend you will never be forgotten!!
    cheer up!!!im coming soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very emotionals..ta robe ou ton top est tres olie en passan! courage..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though the distance between you and francois is large, don't worry I am sure you will always be in his heart and you will never be forgotten. However, it is sad when a best friend goes to another country to study. I will be experiencing that too because my friends too will go to do their studies abroad this year. That's life, hope you meet him soon.

    ReplyDelete